The Cheesecake Factory - Didn't Receive Cheesecake Factory eGift Card
I ordered an e-gift card on The Cheesecake Factory's website the morning of December 3, 2013. The website states that the recipient typically receives the gift within 2-4 hours; however, after waiting 6-7 hours for my sister to receive an email, I called customer service and was told that due to their popular Cyber Monday promotion, it was going to take 48 hours for her to receive it. At that point I opted to have the gift card returned, since I wanted her to receive it that day.
I followed up on their website, and saw that the status of the gift card was marked "returned," however, the $75 charge showed up on my credit card on December 5th. I sent an email to customer service the morning of December 9th, but after not having gotten a response by the morning of December 10th and checking online and saw that my email was still in *** and waiting to be assigned to a rep, I called customer service and was told that he would escalate the refund, and it would take approximately 5-7 days for it to be processed...RIDICULOUS!!!
On the night of December 10th, I did receive a reply to my email stating that 'due to the astounding popularity of our eSlice of Joy promotion' they are currently experiencing a delay in processing gift card orders at this time and they expect the issue to be resolved within 2 - 3 business days. As soon as the issue is resolved, my order will be processed as normal and I will be notified when my order is shipped, and any eSlice of Joy certificates that are included in my order will be sent.
Clearly, that is a canned response that shows the rep didn't read my email. Suffice it to say, the $75 still hasn't been refunded to my card.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Egift Card
- Review category
- Cafes, Restaurants and Bars
You May Also Like
- "First of all, please understand the background of this report. The case is in Vietnam. As of September 2012, the SHi-150 is the chicest scooter in the market. The imported..."
- "I HAVE A COUPON THAT SAYS $4 OFF ANY ORDER OF $20 OR MORE. I PLACED AN ORDER FOR $34 (WITH DELIVERY FEE INCLUDED). I WAS TOLD THAT I AM..."
- "Today I had the worst dining experience of my life, thanks to the hooters on Kingston Pike in Knoxville, TN. I hope this is the actual page for Hooters corporate..."
- "I ordered something on ali express and made payment through my debit card. Amount got debited from my account. but i cancelled order before verification. although payment has been made..."
- "We paid $500 for a Larson security door including installation by a contractor! This door was presented with a video of being beaten with a bat, and a crowbar with..."
- "We took our 2016 Jayco Travel Trailer to Camping World Albuquerque. Our furnace quit on us (Cold). They fixed the furnace stating that it was from the MFG not crimping..."