The Cheesecake Factory - Didn't Receive Cheesecake Factory eGift Card

63 of 71 The Cheesecake Factory reviews

I ordered an e-gift card on The Cheesecake Factory's website the morning of December 3, 2013. The website states that the recipient typically receives the gift within 2-4 hours; however, after waiting 6-7 hours for my sister to receive an email, I called customer service and was told that due to their popular Cyber Monday promotion, it was going to take 48 hours for her to receive it. At that point I opted to have the gift card returned, since I wanted her to receive it that day.

I followed up on their website, and saw that the status of the gift card was marked "returned," however, the $75 charge showed up on my credit card on December 5th. I sent an email to customer service the morning of December 9th, but after not having gotten a response by the morning of December 10th and checking online and saw that my email was still in *** and waiting to be assigned to a rep, I called customer service and was told that he would escalate the refund, and it would take approximately 5-7 days for it to be processed...RIDICULOUS!!!

On the night of December 10th, I did receive a reply to my email stating that 'due to the astounding popularity of our eSlice of Joy promotion' they are currently experiencing a delay in processing gift card orders at this time and they expect the issue to be resolved within 2 - 3 business days. As soon as the issue is resolved, my order will be processed as normal and I will be notified when my order is shipped, and any eSlice of Joy certificates that are included in my order will be sent.

Clearly, that is a canned response that shows the rep didn't read my email. Suffice it to say, the $75 still hasn't been refunded to my card.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
63 of 71 The Cheesecake Factory reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to The Cheesecake Factory. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about The Cheesecake Factory.
Filing a new complaint about
×