The Cheesecake Factory - Didn't Receive Cheesecake Factory eGift Card
I ordered an e-gift card on The Cheesecake Factory's website the morning of December 3, 2013. The website states that the recipient typically receives the gift within 2-4 hours; however, after waiting 6-7 hours for my sister to receive an email, I called customer service and was told that due to their popular Cyber Monday promotion, it was going to take 48 hours for her to receive it. At that point I opted to have the gift card returned, since I wanted her to receive it that day.
I followed up on their website, and saw that the status of the gift card was marked "returned," however, the $75 charge showed up on my credit card on December 5th. I sent an email to customer service the morning of December 9th, but after not having gotten a response by the morning of December 10th and checking online and saw that my email was still in *** and waiting to be assigned to a rep, I called customer service and was told that he would escalate the refund, and it would take approximately 5-7 days for it to be processed...RIDICULOUS!!!
On the night of December 10th, I did receive a reply to my email stating that 'due to the astounding popularity of our eSlice of Joy promotion' they are currently experiencing a delay in processing gift card orders at this time and they expect the issue to be resolved within 2 - 3 business days. As soon as the issue is resolved, my order will be processed as normal and I will be notified when my order is shipped, and any eSlice of Joy certificates that are included in my order will be sent.
Clearly, that is a canned response that shows the rep didn't read my email. Suffice it to say, the $75 still hasn't been refunded to my card.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Egift Card
- Review category
- Cafes, Restaurants and Bars
You May Also Like
- "My husband and I ordered from this pizzeria on 9/4/2011. The subs were horrible and made wrong. We called the pizzeria to make one sub without onions and it had..."
- "First of all my husband and I always get a burger for each of us and share a reg fry.when we got our order it had a small order so..."
- "Bavarian Inn Eureka Springs, ARPitiful and tasteless food â€“ Horrible Rip-offI sooo agree with the other people who had a horrible experience at this place! PLEASE do NOT go if..."
- "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THE COMPANY THEY HAVE THE WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT IS OUT THERE. THEY GET YOUR MONEY AND THEN TURN A CHEEK TO YOU...."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- "This app is so close to a scam, but not, I'm surprised the pros haven't completely rioted yet. Yes, it looks all snazzy and cool with its neato UI/UX design..."